Getting to Whistler
Whistler is located in the spectacular Coast Mountains of British Columbia just two hours north of Vancouver. There are many different ways of traveling between Vancouver and Whistler depending on your budget and the size of your group. Whistler365 makes it easy to get here whether you intend to travel by limo, car rental, motorcoach, train or helicopter.
Whistler is located approximately 2.5 hours from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) via the scenic Sea to Sky highway. Or you may take in the breathtaking scenery from the air via helicopter or float plane! Let an in-resort reservations agent help you select which form of transport will best suit your needs. We have maps, directions, and road reports to help you get to Whistler worry free. Call us to book your transportation today at 1.877.932.1777.
The Vancouver to Whistler Sea to Sky highway is one of the world’s great scenic drives, bypassing spectacular views of the Howe Sound, the Squamish Chief, Mount Garibaldi and the Tantulus Range. The drive from Vancouver to Whistler is approximately 115 kilometers (or 70 miles) and will take about 2 hours, depending on road and traffic conditions.
Vancouver Airport to Whistler
Travel Time: approximately 2 hours
Distance: approx. 115 kilometres or 70 miles
- Drive east out of the airport on Grant McConachie Way.
- Follow the Hwy 99 North signs over the Arthur Lang Bridge onto Granville Street.
- Follow Granville Street north crossing the Granville Street Bridge.
- Shift to the far right lane of the bridge and take the Seymour Street exit.
- Follow Seymour Street north until Georgia Street.
- Turn left onto Georgia Street.
- Georgia Street takes you through Vancouver’s lovely downtown core heading west, through Stanley Park and over the majestic Lions Gate bridge.
- Exit the bridge on the Marine Drive West turnoff.
- Shift to the far right lane once on Marine Drive.
- Take the first right onto Taylor Way.
- Travel up the hill and turn left onto Highway 1.
- Follow the signs and take Exit 2 (just before the ferry terminal) to Whistler Hwy 99.
Seattle to Whistler
Whistler is about a 4 to 5-hour drive from Seattle. The trip to from Seattle to Vancouver takes about 3 hours. The Vancouver-Whistler drive takes about 2 hours, depending on road and traffic conditions.
Travel Time: approximately 4.5 – 5 hours
Distance: approx. 340 kilometres or 215 miles
- Follow I-5 north to Canada-U.S. border. (160km/100 mi.)
- When in Canada, I-5 turns into Highway 99. Follow Hwy. 99 north over Oak Street Bridge. (50 km/30 mi.) Highway 99 becomes 99/Oak Street.
- Turn left onto West 41st Avenue. (1 km/0.5 mi.).
- Turn right onto Granville Street. Follow Granville over the Granville Street Bridge into downtown Vancouver. (15 km/9 mi.) Take Seymour Street exit off Bridge.
- Follow Seymour Street, turn left on Georgia Street.
- Follow Georgia Street through downtown Vancouver.
- Georgia Street becomes the Stanley Park Causeway and will take you over the Lions Gate Bridge. (3 km/2 mi.).
- Follow signs to West Vancouver off the Lions Gate Bridge. Continue west on Marine Drive. (0.5 km/0.25 mi.).
- Turn right onto Taylor Way.
- Continue up hill and turn left onto Highway 1 West.
- Take exit #2 to Whistler-Blackcomb via Highway 99.
- Follow Highway 99 to Whistler-Blackcomb. (110 km/70 miles).